Read on to see the exclusive interview that Beachbody had with Autumn- creator of 21 Day Fix:
1) What motivated you to develop 21 Day Fix™? As a trainer, my only goal is to get people results. So when I watched my clients put so much energy into their workouts and not get maximum results, it really frustrated me. When that’s not happening, I feel like I’m failing them. Once I realized that overeating was the biggest problem for most people, I knew I needed to do something to help.
2) Give us a quick overview of the 21 Day Fix program: Simple fitness and simple nutrition. The program is designed to help you lose up to 15 pounds in just 21 days by combining portion control with easy-to-follow, 30-minute workouts. If it fits in the container, you can eat it. The only decision you have to make is what delicious food you’re in the mood for. When you get proper nutrition and add in butt-whooping workouts, it adds up to life-changing results.
3) What’s the best piece of advice you ever received? My dad always told me that if you do something you love, you will never work a day in your life. He was right!
4) How do you juggle being a busy mom and a trainer? I’m like Nike—I just do it. It’s not something I think about. I just know what needs to be done and I make it happen.
5) What kind of music pumps you up while you work out? If people heard my playlists they would be shocked. I’m mostly a hip hop girl, but I guess it depends on my mood. Sometimes I listen to the fun stuff you hear on the radio, and other times it’s a bit more of the grimy stuff that would NEVER make the Top 40!
6) What’s ONE thing people don’t know about you? I was never the popular kid. In fact, there were a few years in my early teens where I was very chubby with bad hair and braces. Needless to say, I got picked on a LOT.
7) What are your top motivational tips?
- Take it one workout at a time, and one meal at a time.
- Don’t diet! Eat according to your goals.
- You can do anything for a minute. When it comes to these workouts, focus on the minute you’re in.
- It’s not always about the scale. See how you feel and how your clothes are fitting. Sometimes the scale isn’t moving, but you’re still shrinking.
- Wake up every day and make the choice to do better. No one will do it for you.
- Focus on making lifestyle changes that will last a lifetime.
- A failure isn’t a failure if it prepares you for success tomorrow.
- If you have a set back, don’t get discouraged and give up. Keep moving forward. Success takes time.
- It’s great to have big goals, but it’s also nice to have some small ones along the way. It allows you to celebrate your accomplishments!